Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Other word and puzzle games

Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM

leahandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PrairieScramble

Are there any CornerGas Prairie Scramble addicts out there? I am missing my game fix. Any other sites that you can suggest? It is nice to be able to see who is playing.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:31 PM

katyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prairie Scramble

Hi leahandmitch, I recognize your name. I miss Prairie Scramble too. I was shocked to log in three days ago and find it gone. Happy gaming! KatyK
Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 AM

I kept the same name hoping that I would end up finding other lost souls from Prairie Scramble. That was why I found the CornerGas logo to use for an avatar as well. I wonder how many of us will end up here? The scoring on this is much higher, and it seems that there are more words on the boards than we are used to. It isn't quite the same, but I have not found anything else that is close. Happy playing & let me know if you find a site where you can see who is playing at the time.
leahandmitch
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 PM

Default prairie scramble

Hi again,

I know what you mean about "lost souls" and wanting to see who is playing. I got a kick out of looking for people like Erna and Sixteeschild when I'd sign on. Did you find that you'd consistently beat the same players by one or two points? I was usually firmly in the middle, but slowly making my way up. I'm missing having the bonus words to find.

I'll let you know if I find games where you can see who is playing, and would you do the same? Thanks! Happy playing!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Default Prairie Scramble

I was usually around the middle as well, sometimes higher, depending who was playing. I actually beat Erna once, I was thrilled. Baranthar was another one who was usually up there, but I did manage to score higher than him a few times. It was always more fun to play when you recognized the names, I think it added to the challenge. I still find myself looking for the bonus words. I was looking at the hall of fame last night and found dd1026 on there. I am not sure if that is the same person from Prairie Scramble or not. Maybe there is some gamer/computer geek out there who will come up with a site for us. We can only hope.
leahandmitch
Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Default prairie scramble

Hi,

I looked for lovetolaugh, and someone else with a name similar to that. The name had the word "life" in it. Koalahug was around for a few months, and then disappeared. I remember Baranthar as well. I beat him a few times, but never Erna. I always tried to beat Magic. Sometimes I could, and sometimes I couldn't. It must have felt great to beat Erna. That's quite a feat. I always imagined her as a retired school librarian typing away, gleefully beating us all. I agree that it's more fun when you can see the names. It does add to the challenge.

I saw "foo" and "gas" in the same puzzle last night. :-) It's raining and fairly cold here, so it's a night I will spend at these scrambles working to get better.

I was thinking of setting up a community on Facebook for Prairie Scrambler fans. Do you think anyone would be interested? Perhaps we could find more players and new games. Good luck playing, and here's hoping someone will set up a similar game to Prairie Scramble, or we can find one that already exists! Katyk
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 PM

sixteeschild is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking prairie scramble addicts

Hey KatyK,

Another lost soul looking for a place to migrate to.Glad to find you guys.(wanna say hey to LeahandMitch too) I had a good fun trying to beat certain players too, and I was watching your scores ...it was fun to see if our scores raised and lowered together on different boards.I was wondering what happened to coffeeplease who dissapeared a while ago-I was getting similar scores to theirs when I played as dtaylor007.
I think you may be talking about danceswithlife.

I had lost internet access for about a week, then to my great dismay I saw that the game was gone.It was pretty much the game I always played, and surprised to find myself totally addicted to the game (and the show too of course).
Your idea for face book site is great.I would come along for the ride.
reunite c.gas fans!!!
sixteeschild
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM

Default Prairie Scramble

Count me in too. I wonder if some of the players may have found another game to play before Prairie Scramble disappeared, or if they just lost interest. I like your description of Erna, kind of fits my vision of her as well. So far I have not found another site that is close, but I will keep looking. I always preferred playing when there were lots of others playing at the same time. Somehow it just wasn't as much fun if there were only one or two others playing.
leahandmitch
Old 05-14-2009, 08:06 AM

Default Prairie Scramble

I'm on my way to work this morning, but had to say hi! I was surprised to see you, Sixteeschild, to say the least. Did you see your name earlier in the thread? You and I used to go back and forth for the last month or so.

I'll look into setting up a facebook site for us. There are already several set up for Corner Gas fans, but I haven't found any for Prairie Scramble. I'll let you know how I do.

Leahandmitch, what a great idea to post here. It's been fun to log on, and visit with "old friends". Katyk
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 AM

sixteeschild is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking prairie scramble pals

Hi Katyk,

I was surprised to see my name in the thread, and it was fun playing against you. Wish we could do that on boggle.My boggle game is improving,now that I am getting used to the board.
I think there may be games where we can see each others scores,haven't had time to really check it out yet.
You can email me if you want-my screen name @gmail.com.

Gotta go to work here too.
migrant scrambler hee hee