Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Other word and puzzle games

Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Premium Member

ChillTomG is on the road to greatness
Default Anyone here play WordHero (Android)

Hey guys, so I originally came to competitive Boggle through the Android game WordHero. It functions more or less the same way as WordTwist 4x4 games, except that everyone plays the same board at the same time and at the end, you can see how you rank against the world!

There are usually between two and four hundred players per board at the highest league (Diamond) alone, so it is not only a great gauge of how you are in comparison to everyone else, but is extremely competitive!!!

The major logistical difference is that the words are entered by swiping on one's smartphone or tablet. The scoring is also done per letter (not rarity of word), with a bonus for longer words. It is a ton of fun, and I would be extremely curious how the WordTwist legends fare against the top players on WordHero!!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:06 PM

ChiliCheesecake is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish I could try. Hundreds of players per board sounds interesting.

Most room type games I play (like BitWordy on FB or serpentinegame) have a few dozen players at most and depending on the room only a half dozen at best sometimes.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:34 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, you should definitely check it out!

It is a bit surprising that so many people are on playing at any time of day. The game is not new, having come out about three years ago.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:07 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

It almost makes me want a smartphone. Mine won't even do texts and doesn't have a camera. But it costs me just $20 for 3 months. (That's right, less than $7 a month).

Regardless, I wouldn't swipe fast enough to challenge anyone (hands are too shaky and coordination is too poor for that), nor do I know enough of those acceptable words on 4x4 to be a serious challenge to anyone. My older daughter and one of my grandsons play it, though. I should ask them how well they do. I think my older daughter is quite good.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 PM

dccra is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna look into it. Being on a smartphone, javascript cheats and superhuman typists would have less of an advantage.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:50 PM

Asylum is an unknown quantity at this point

I just tried it and it was pretty good. Not that many on, but fun to play against others on the same board.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:17 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
I just tried it and it was pretty good. Not that many on, but fun to play against others on the same board.
Hey, glad you checked it out! You have to play a few games (10 I think) to get rated before they put you in a league with a bunch of players.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:04 PM

simblin is an unknown quantity at this point

No, but have you ever played Word Racer which was from Yahoo games? It no longer exists but I am looking for something like it.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:53 PM

michaellnicholas is an unknown quantity at this point

This game is very boring. I don't like such kind of games because they don't even give the rewards on the completion of games. I rather enjoy playing world of warcraft. It is an upcoming video game and a new expansion of World of Warcraft. It is real time strategy game with amazing weapons and new characters added making it more interesting to play.. I am going to acheter [URL="http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/82-acheter-cle-battlenet-world-of-warcraft-carte-60-jours/"]world of warcraft[/URL] very soon.