Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Other word and puzzle games

Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Keeps Trying

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Moxie players here?

WordTwist is for the computer; Moxie is for the iPod Touch. It's more like Scrabble than Boggle. Definitely a strategy game, no time limit. They use a strict dictionary -- not SOWPODS and no words that they consider naughty, which is sometimes really frustrating!

You have three rows where you can place letters to make words. There are always the same 64 letters but they come in random order. Different letters have different quantities and values: there are one Q at 20 points, two Ks and a Z at 10 points each, a few 5-pt letters and the rest are 1-3 points. The score of a word is the sum of the letters times the length of the word. There are also penalties for messing up words and bonuses if you play "Moxie" words, which are words in special lists.

I like to play the Daily Challenge. There are hundreds (maybe thousand+) around the world who play, and the game changes over at midnight in your local zone. I'm on the west coast of the US, so by the time I see the new board at midnight, the Aussies have been at it for a while and the Brits have made some good scores. I'm usually in the top 20 and it's fun to see which of my "friends" is on top by the end of the day. This past two weeks people started tacking on "Team <your country>" at the end of their names, so I now know where some folks are from. It's our own little Moxie Olympics.

Anyway, if you're playing both places, would love to say hi!

Donna (mcdonna at both WordTwist and Moxie)
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 AM

roaringfire is an unknown quantity at this point

Now you have me playing Moxie - as if I didn't have enough things to distract me
Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Keeps Trying

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

will be looking for you in the results ... playing as roaringfire?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 AM

roaringfire is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - Roaringfire - but don't look in the records too soon