Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Wordtwist.org Rules and Scoring

Old 01-05-2016, 06:17 PM

kd5det is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Point & click only

Hi,

Just found your site. I am missing one hand & therefore cannot touch type. I use the house to point and click so I don't have to take my eyes off the screen. so far I have been able to score about half of the average.

Is it possible to have point & click scoring separate from the touch typing scores? Other non-touch typists might like this even if they have two hands. It would allow point & clicker's to have there own level playing field.

The purpose of this post is not to complain. I like the game as is. Adding this feature might improve it.

kd5det
Old 01-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I play point and click because I never learned how to type properly and can't type without looking at the keyboard. I'd quite like to know how I compare to other point-and-click players as well, though I suppose it would be quite difficult to implement such a filter. Through practise, I've also reached a point where I often score higher than average even on boards where the high scores were set by players who I know use the keyboard, which makes me feel quite smug. :P So I'd quite like to know how I score against both groups.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 AM

whacked is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there. Have you ever considered getting a touch pad? I bought a tablet recently and now I simply point and slide. You can use a stylus or just use your finger. As a slow typist myself, it's helped boost my scores quite a bit. No need to look at a keyboard either.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:42 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're missing a hand, it's still possible to be a champion at this game. You can play for highest average score per word, or try to find the longest word or the word for the most points.

As a suggestion, perhaps a new "highest or best" category could be added -- one for highest average number of letters per word. That would be yet another place where people who can't type well could have little or no penalty.

I have some trouble with what the doctors used to call "essential tremor". It hurts my typing less than my use of the mouse. I really dislike using the mouse for anything -- and it gets worse every year. Using a finger to swipe the letters seems to me to be a cruel joke. But that's how it is, really; we all have things we do well and things we don't do so well at, and there's no real point in getting upset with them. Better to just carry on and enjoy ourselves!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Premium Member

pdiddp has received several accolades

Keep practicing kd5det! Being a terrible typist, I use the 'point and click' all the time here. I started averaging maybe 75-100 points but with some practice am working my way closer to 200. I only play for the fun of it but often hit above average and have even amassed a small collection of 'honorable mentions'!

It would be nice to see how we clickers compare to each other but I don't think it would be easy, if possible, for the site to know how a particular players entries are being made.