Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 02-09-2018, 03:58 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filthy thing I like to do when I'm alone

I like to find boards that only one or a few inexperienced players have played and then pretend that I'm Master of the Universe or MegaWord when I'm looking at the results screen. I should probably seek professional help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The best.JPG (92.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:07 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yours doesn't appeal to me, but I have my own filthy thing to do. I have various screen names that I imagine mean something I don't like, and I make a point of playing boards on which they hold one or more records and then try to replace them all with mine. I have no idea who those people are, whether their screen names really do mean what I imagine, or whether they (or anyone else) would care if I surpassed their records. And for all I know, someone's doing the same thing to me. I don't care about that, either.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:10 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

JohnAkaMrP - As long as you don't wear some kind of WordTwist superhero costume & do a celebration dance after you score, I think you're OK. (If you do, please don't tell me.) By the way, one thing I never noticed before was that most of the Puzzle Stats refer to games others have played, but the averages include your game too. (OK, not earthshaking or anything. I just found it curious when the averages for a board played once didn't match the existing "high score" and "most words".)

bwt - I've done the same thing. One or two user names here (I'll never say what they are) make me want to beat their records. I know that's not especially rational, and I'm trying to deal with it.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 02-09-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:10 AM

Yes! I also have a couple of folks who I imagine are arch... whatever the plural of nemesis would be (nemeses?). Since there are relatively few motivational tools available for finding the absolute highest number of words or points in two minutes, we're left to find our own motivators. I'll perk up when the high score is currently held by someone who I view as a player who is likely better than me on average... but who I can beat if I play really well. bwt, like you, there are some other folks whose names seem to only be attempts to troll the rest of us, so yes, I'll do my best to beat them and take their name off of the board.

By the way, the genesis of my joke above is the lingering suspicion that the masters of this game likely see results with almost only black and green words in the "All words played..." section every single game they play. For the rest of us, we only get that sensation when we are the first or second to play the board.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:07 PM

flops has received several accolades

There are names that I watch out for too, not because they are sinister tho...more like things that make me think they might share similarities with me (like stolen nicknames, references to parenting...that might be too big a clue, but maybe they don't read the forums???). (Play sinister music here..."slowly, I turned, step by step...").
Old 02-10-2018, 02:08 PM

Awesome post title, MrP!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flops View Post
There are names that I watch out for too, not because they are sinister tho...more like things that make me think they might share similarities with me (like stolen nicknames, references to parenting...that might be too big a clue, but maybe they don't read the forums???). (Play sinister music here..."slowly, I turned, step by step...").
. . . Niagra Falls.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt1213 View Post
. . . Niagra Falls.
here we go again!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Here's another, even better example of what the Game Results looks like routinely for the best players in our midst - green with a little bit of black thrown in here and there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another illustration.JPG (91.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Nooo John, that's just... I mean, they got one word. One. Sure, swoop in and do the thing, but don't post pictures of it afterwards. That's just wrong.