Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-21-2018, 02:28 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A great disturbance in the Force

What do you think, peepz? Cheater or master word finder who has just discovered WordTwist? As you'll see in the second screen shot, he/she didn't find all of the available words, which suggests that cheating wasn't involved. On the other hand, 277 words and 1494 points in the two minutes available for a 4x4 board?

I smiled to see that someone played 'nudie'. That should be included somewhere on the Favorite Words Played thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unlikely top score.JPG (30.7 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg Unlikely top score 3.JPG (82.7 KB, 158 views)
Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

It does look a little suspicious, to put it mildly. His/her high score on 4x4 is 2167, while it's 4914 on 5x5. Maybe it just goes to show what a couple of weeks of practice can do for you.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:06 AM

erakis17 is on the road to greatness

Hey, I get NUDIE(S) all the time in 5x5. And I always try for NUDIER, but sadly no.

I suppose we're lucky there are so few cheaters here. Hopefully they'll outgrow it.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:34 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
It does look a little suspicious, to put it mildly. His/her high score on 4x4 is 2167, while it's 4914 on 5x5. Maybe it just goes to show what a couple of weeks of practice can do for you.
I would like to know how many people in the whole world could type 723 words in 3 minutes, much less find them in a Boggle grid and then type them. I suspect the answer is zero.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:33 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt1213 View Post
I would like to know how many people in the whole world could type 723 words in 3 minutes, much less find them in a Boggle grid and then type them. I suspect the answer is zero.
I used Google to look it up.
"As of 2005, writer Barbara Blackburn was the fastest alphanumerical English language typist in the world, according to The Guinness Book of World Records. Using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she maintained 150 wpm for 50 minutes, and 170 wpm for shorter periods. Her top speed was 212 wpm."

And yet this guy can do 241. While finding the words on a Boggle grid. Yes, he doesn't do it every time. Very well, then he doesn't cheat every time. Or perhaps he just has a keyboard macro pre-loaded with a thousand common words and dumps them at the start of every game. There are lots of ways to cheat, and it doesn't really matter which ones you use. But he's not typing 241 words per minute, and that's what he supposedly did in his best game.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:04 AM

RussDNails is an unknown quantity at this point

I think most of us who hang out here a lot can agree that two of the all-time best players are MegaWord and fasteddieb. I remember MegaWord posting about how long he struggled to get to 300 words in 5 x 5 grid. To date fasteddieb's best is 290 words.

This guy put up a 723 word +4000 point game and there is another new player "Zminor" who posted a top score of 3520/528 words.

I would hate to belittle anyone's efforts or achievements but to add to bwt1213's post, BOTH of these players have posted word counts surpassing the Guiness book of World Records for typing speed. And these are tests conducted with the words right in front of the typist, i.e., no searching is required. Something seems very wrong here.....

Just my two cents and best regards to all.......

Russ

Last edited by RussDNails : 05-21-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:13 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

So disgusting that fasteddieb is going to lose his 2 first place trophies to this shyster, kgator. Looks like he has switched to winning the total points competition, bumping RussDNails to second place, which is also a shame.

Thanks to bwt for posting the world's fastest typing stats.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:24 PM

flops has received several accolades

well, that sucks.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:59 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a point of contact with the folks who administer the game/web site? Even if they're generally hands-off with respect to what's going on with their game, it seems like they might be willing to get involved when a cheater is not only setting illegitimate records for single boards (cough, cough, unbeatable, cough) but also bumping people out of rightful places on monthly leader boards.

About the only positive thing to say here is that the cheating is so blatant (as highlighted by bwt) that any investigation scarcely needs to go beyond noting that the individual is exceeding a world record for wpm notwithstanding needing to find the available words.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:24 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

If you scroll to the bottom of any WordTwist page there's a Question or comments? email form on the right side. I've never used it since I don't believe they have the will to change anything. It was discussed in the thread below a year ago by myself and others:
[url]http://www.wordtwist.org/forum/showthread.php?p=7010&highlight=hall+of+fame#post7 010[/url]

Last edited by lalatan : 05-24-2018 at 06:16 AM.