Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 12-03-2017, 09:28 AM

L9UR9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bwt1213! Now that I have outed myself as super competitive and practically given away my (and possibly ThinkBig's) "system" I have to say that it is more fun playing to play than playing to win. I have no intention of holding on to the trophy for long! Happy Boggling!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Razorflame is on the road to greatness

Please stop saying harsh words towards each other. Instead of putting allegations to post, keep them to yourself or share them in private, but it is not in the best interest of this site to post them publicly.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:08 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by L9UR9 View Post
Of course I have a system - I came up with the system I figured you were using as ThinkBig and just took it a bit further - it involved a hell of a lot of clicking, but it was certainly NOT cheating and not using any "artificial" practices.
Ok, I apologize to you and all others on the forum for besmirching your honor. Also I salute your meteoric rise from an avg of 7 pts/word to 22.5 in less than a year. That has never been done and neither has your 22.5 avg. You really are a word wunderkind to accomplish that with not many games played. At the rate I developed it would have taken me many, many more games and much longer.
Quote:
Haha, the irony here ThinkBig is that I thought YOU were a cheater - and that was part of my motivation to beat you. If you look at ThinkBig's scores - which I did frequently throughout the month - you only have 3 best words and 4 longest words to your name. I thought you were a total fraud and decided it was time to take you down!
Haha, that IS ironic.
Quote:
As a point of honor - and again emulating ThinkBig - I made sure not to just do the easy thing and stop after 5 or 10 games - I believe we had almost identical scores in November in terms of percentage of games played (both of us were between .8 and .9).
I saw that and did/do respect you for that.
Quote:
To be honest, had I known you were Lalatan and were such an accomplished Boggle player, I would not have been quite so motivated to tear down your record.
I guess you haven't read my posts (I'm very chatty) the last few months (not that I expected you to). I've written numerous times that lalatan and thinkbig are the same person. I interacted with you as lalatan twice I think. So I did know who you are and gave you congrats too.
Quote:
I had been looking forward to a rematch, once you were aware of my existence, and trying to beat you again! It's true that anyone holding on to a record becomes the target for others to beat. I'm not interested in playing this way every month but was at least looking forward going another round with you! Now I'm not sure what I will do; will have to ponder....
Sorry to take the wind out of your sails like that. As I mentioned to Spike in my other thread, I'm somewhat glad the streak of winning both 4x4 and 5x5 trophies was ended by you so the pressure is now off to maintain it. It got pretty hectic playing for 2 trophies while also setting 855 5x5 records! As lalatan I played only 5x5 for the last 3 months or so and found I was having some troubles recalling the point values of 4x4 words. Consequently I had to throw away more games last month that I usually would have. I lost my zeal for playing 4x4. The boards are so cramped. There is such a large variety of longer words to find and higher point values in 5x5. I much prefer playing there, even though it takes longer to rack up records.
If you wanted to go for the 5x5 trophy I'd give you a fight for that.
Happy boggling to you Laura in whatever you decide.

Last edited by lalatan : 12-04-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:45 AM

It's interesting that after I pulled out of 4x4 avg pts/word competition, L9UR9 decided not to compete. And, as a result, last month's winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place were awarded for 18, 14 and 10 pts respectively. I haven't seen scores like that win those placings for months. Very few keeners (Canadian informal:
a person who is extremely eager, zealous, or enthusiastic) over there apparently.

Last edited by lalatan : 01-06-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:28 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

It's finally Christmas in the land of the Procrastinarians, so Merry "Christmas" everybody.

lalatan, congratulations on your first new 45 point word! (I think I just have one too.) May you have many more.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I'm competing for the 5x5 average this month, with a 1 word per game average (barring accidents). Just so you know. Haven't found any 40+ point words so far though.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate View Post
I'm competing for the 5x5 average this month, with a 1 word per game average (barring accidents). Just so you know. Haven't found any 40+ point words so far though.
I'm kind of doing that, but as 007. My rule is to take any new high point word that's worth 26 or more, so that keeps my average down to around 30. (I have far less than 1 word per game though, since if I can't find the previous high-scoring word, I'll let time run out just to see what it was.) On the up side, I did find a new 42 point word (TRANSUBSTANTIATIONISTS).
Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
It's finally Christmas in the land of the Procrastinarians, so Merry "Christmas" everybody.
lalatan, congratulations on your first new 45 point word! (I think I just have one too.) May you have many more.
Thanks Spike! You're not late for Christmas; you just celebrate it with the Ukrainians! My ex-wife's mother was Ukrainian and we never took the tree down until after Jan. 7. Then it was officially over.
Quote:
I thought you might be positioning yourself for a run at a trophy when I took a peek at your My Scores pages yesterday to see what you were up to this month. You are moving along very nicely to score some digital hardware and setting new personal bests in doing so. Well done! Too bad about no 40+ pts words coming up for you. The month is still young though. They don't pop up very often (unless your username has Spike in it. )
Also thanks for honoring my request not to play my 45 pt record before I got to it. Now you can go for it.

Last edited by lalatan : 01-08-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Kate, I just took a look at your stats, and while it's still early, it looks like you're on your way to a first-place trophy this month. Keep it up (although I probably jinxed you by saying all this). (By the way, I see that you had one "accident", but if you find the REINSTITUTIONALIZATION/S board, you can make up for it.)
Old 01-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Kate, I just took a look at your stats, and while it's still early, it looks like you're on your way to a first-place trophy this month. Keep it up (although I probably jinxed you by saying all this). (By the way, I see that you had one "accident", but if you find the REINSTITUTIONALIZATION/S board, you can make up for it.)
I'm not sure about first place, but I hope to stay in the top 3.
I'm still scared of spike1005 charging in out of nowhere.
I just made up for my mistake with OVERINTELLECTUALIZE/S (39/41 points), getting my average back up to 1 word per game and also breaking the 40 point barrier for the first time this month. (No sign of -ations, unfortunately).