Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 04-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I'm flattered that you both believe me nigh-unbeatable, but I'm sure it isn't true. Like Spike I like to play boards that have great high scores to see if I can at least match the existing records, and there are many boards where you, lalatan or spike (in one of your incarnations) hold the best or longest word record, and I don't manage to find it in time. The only reason it looks like I always find the good words is that when I'm going for a trophy I back out of boards if I don't find a word worth at least 26 points. So, basically, in the 5x5 category I'm a bit of a cheat.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:52 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate View Post
I'm flattered that you both believe me nigh-unbeatable, but I'm sure it isn't true. Like Spike I like to play boards that have great high scores to see if I can at least match the existing records, and there are many boards where you, lalatan or spike (in one of your incarnations) hold the best or longest word record, and I don't manage to find it in time. The only reason it looks like I always find the good words is that when I'm going for a trophy I back out of boards if I don't find a word worth at least 26 points. So, basically, in the 5x5 category I'm a bit of a cheat.
Kate, it sounds like we play the same way (except that I don't mind letting a board time out without finding anything), so I can't consider you a cheat. It probably also explains why our scores are so close.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 AM

I just managed to set a new record on a board in an oddly appropriate way. The old best word was FINENESSES, and I got MAGNIFICENTNESSES.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Haha, Spike. I got a chuckle out of your post. You made not only a fine find but also a magnificent one.

Lately I've been finding words I haven't seen before: IMPROPRIATIONS, UPSTANDINGNESSES, COMPUTERIZABLE, GELATINOUSNESS, CRYSTALLIZABLE, MEDIATIZATIONS. MAGNIFICENTNESSES I haven't encountered before either. I'm enjoying the mix of new words blended together with recycled ones.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:49 AM

Shorty after that, I had a board where crazykate had SUPERCOMPETITIVE. (I didn't find that.) Anyway, it made me wonder if the previous best word was COMPETITIVE?

Those are some good words! Aside from a couple of words, I had a pretty unproductive morning at WordTwist.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 04-12-2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Shorty after that, I had a board where crazykate had SUPERCOMPETITIVE. (I didn't find that.) Anyway, it made me wonder if the previous best word was COMPETITIVE?

Those are some good words! Aside from a couple of words, I had a pretty unproductive morning at WordTwist.
I think so, yes. I sort of remember feeling smug about it. Congratulations on your magnificentnesses!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

I just found ANTIAPHRODISIAC (28 points) in a game that had been played 50 times and the previous record was a 7-letter 12-point word.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:20 AM
Premium Member

Aaah I just had to give up ICHTHYOSAURUSES which would have been two new records, but at 22 points it was below my self-imposed limit. I still wanted to brag about it though because the pattern and letter combination was rather tricky.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:18 AM

Kate, I kind of did both yesterday in one game (but my word wasn't as good as either of yours). On a board that had been played 50 times with a previous 16-point best word, I found CONSEQUENTS for 24 points. Like you, I had to abandon it.

Anyway, congratulations! I don't think I've seen either of those before.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 04-14-2018 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:28 AM
Premium Member

Lalatan, I just found a board where you held the record with TRICHLOROETHYLENE (25 pts) and raised it to TETRACHLOROETHYLENE (36 pts.)