Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 01-18-2018, 03:13 PM

flops has received several accolades

postcript...I very much enjoyed the term "ultraodoriferous"
Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 AM

DrPlacebo is on the road to greatness

DESPACED... I think I've heard "Despacito" a few too many times. (And I speak Spanish, so I know the word has nothing to do with space.)
Old 01-22-2018, 04:17 PM
Keeps Trying

mcdonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flops View Post
Really, lala, you were supposed to continue, with the next sentence at least! Curious, and curiouser, I was wondering about Mcdonnas previous literary exploits too....
I haven't written any novels (yet). The closest I came were some fan fiction stories featuring Lt. O'Neill and Command Master Chief Urgayle from the film G.I. Jane. I'm afraid they don't qualify as literature. But if you're a fan of the movie, Viggo Mortensen, and/or Demi Moore, you may find them entertaining. They're at [url]http://www.brego.net/stories/;[/url] look for my pseudonym, Dorothy Franklin (my grandmother's maiden name).
Old 01-25-2018, 07:47 PM

FINGERMEN is not a word. (I did break the word length record on the board with INFRINGEMENTS.)
Old 01-26-2018, 07:33 PM
Keeps Trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPlacebo View Post
FINGERMEN is not a word. (I did break the word length record on the board with INFRINGEMENTS.)
Likewise PALEOGRAMMATIC is not a word. Who is going to study the sentence structures of prehistoric folks? But DrP, you found PARALLELOGRAMMATIC for the record on that board. Nicely done.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:03 PM

unngh omph grrrrrroph

Looks reasonably PALEOGRAMMATIC to me.

Just as UNNNGH OMMPH GRRRROPHHH would be paleodramatic.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Keeps Trying

Quote:
unngh omph grrrrrroph

Looks reasonably PALEOGRAMMATIC to me.

Just as UNNNGH OMMPH GRRRROPHHH would be paleodramatic.
I love you, too, Flops! <3
Old 01-27-2018, 05:48 PM

Despite my valiant effort at tacking a Latin suffix onto a Sanskrit root, the plural of sutra is not SUTRAE.

Also, SALSIFICATION is not the conversion of some other food into salsa. (Salsify is actually a food item, but it's not a verb -- which I already knew.)

Last edited by DrPlacebo : 01-27-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:35 PM

At least one quarter of my offspring would appreciate the salsification, or the guacamolification of nearly every food, except for bacon and chicken nuggets. Guess we won't be getting on the paleo diet craze bus....unnngggghhhh oooomphhh grrrrophhh (translation: I luv youse all (an Australian folkloric phrase)).
Old 01-28-2018, 04:49 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
At least one quarter of my offspring would appreciate the salsification, or the guacamolification of nearly every food, except for bacon and chicken nuggets. Guess we won't be getting on the paleo diet craze bus....unnngggghhhh oooomphhh grrrrophhh (translation: I luv youse all (an Australian folkloric phrase)).
Count me with Julia Child; I think cilantro is vile, and anything it has touched now tastes like soapy aluminum foil, except worse. This is actually something genetic, probably like most tastes are. From what I have heard, somewhere between 8% and 20% of the population similarly detests cilantro. I don't like guacamole, either, and think avocados are awful -- but not disgusting the way cilantro is. One more thing: I think I'm taste-blind. There are people who are "face blind" -- they can see faces and their vision is fine, but they can't recognize faces at ALL. Similarly, if my wife asks me if I like this version of chile versus last week's or last month's, or her sister's, I am utterly lost. Only when it comes to stuff I detest like cilantro or coffee (smells like skunk to me) can I seem to recall tastes in any real way.