Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > Other word and puzzle games

Old 05-15-2009, 04:00 AM

sixteeschild is an unknown quantity at this point
Default facebook

Thanks for the correction. I was hoping it wasn't senility on my part.
I was trying to think of some of the other players names:Tony Marino (who i can't help envisioning as a mob boss sitting in some smoky room passing out orders)
I can no longer resist telling you guys that I am a Librarian.The talk of Erna was so funny!(we have a few just like that at work).
I was also wondering about the different time zones.I'm on central standard time. Obviously having trouble sleeping right now.
Is Canada just an hour or two different?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 AM

katyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PS

I've wondered how many teachers (me) and librarians were playing! What a hoot! I'm in the Pacific Zone. I'm trying to think of some other names--airdoktor....oh, I loved Jimmythewrench. I'd giggle everytime I'd see that name. I pictured a mechanic in his coveralls holding a wrench. Back to work today...Have a good day! katyk
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM

leahandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ps

Well we know we have a librarian, a teacher & a travel consultant (me). Here in Saskatchewan we never change time, so right now we are only 1 hour ahead of katyk, winter we are 2 hours ahead. There were a few other names that made me wonder, Cheddarella, nipigongolfer, byhuronbush, (that one always made me thing of the surveilance bush on Corner Gas) just a few off the top of my head.
leahandmitch
Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Default SP

It's evening. I had a field trip to the Coast on Wednesday. It rained sideways. The wind buffeted us. My students were telling me that they had "mild hypothermia." They never fail to crack me up. We were outside for nearly six hours. Today we had a trip to Champoeg park. It was 72 degrees--a little better. I'm beyond exhausted. I think it's time to play a few games, and then head for bed. Wait, it's 6:43 P.M.

I loved byhuronbush. I could never figure out what that meant. There was a swegleroad. Maybe I'll see one of you on the board. katyk
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 PM

Default SP PS

I think we're officially the Three Musketeers. Imagine finding each other. What are the odds? katyk
Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Hey you guys,

Did the facebook work out? I still couldn't get in. (added players to the end of the name)
Sounds like a busy, albeit a fun time for you katyk. I was trying to impress by using "albeit" because I wouldn't really use that word. ha ha ha
Saw Lola on the wordplay game.
see you on the game board.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Default PS

Well, rats! I'm not sure how to help. Leahandmitch got on. Any ideas, leahandmitch? I've been waiting to see you on Facebook, sixteeschild. I'm trying to think of what may be happening. I double checked to make sure that I didn't have a typo in the group name, but no. I'll think about it, and maybe I can come up with something. Have a good evening. katyk
Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 AM

I'll try again.I must be doing something wrong.Thanks for caring. Sniff, sniff.
Some very interesting screen names on wordplay.A little scary.....just kidding.
p.s. I used to substitute teach in CA.preschool through 2nd were my favorite grades.
Subbing for Junior High teachers was a bit much for me.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 AM

leahandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ps

I am not sure why you are having the problem with facebook. Here is what I did & it worked fine, I logged in then I pasted this
- corner gas prairie scramble players - in the seach box on face book. It took me right there. Make sure when you copy & paste that you do not have a space before corner, or after players & it should work. Good luck & good playing over the weekend.
leahandmitch
PS
I like the 3 Musketeers idea, and yes the odds are likely in the neighbourhood of winning the lottery, which I did not do last night. Oh well.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:35 PM

O.K.,I think you have solved my problem. I was just typing it in,not pasting.
No gold stars for me right katyk? Must learn to follow directions.hahahaha
Thanks leahandmitch!
The third musketeer catching up soon...........