Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2019, 10:54 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For all you Aussies out there.

I know you guys are enduring a record heat wave, so here's something you might find refreshing: A couple days ago, I went to Weather Underground for the latest forecast. It said today's high would be -6 (-21 C) and the low would be -27 (-33 C) and tomorrow would be MUCH COLDER. The forecast called for a high of -15 and a low of -31. with a windchill of -51 (-46 C). We have one dog left, and poor Jake has developed a limp caused by hip dysplasia (on the x-rays, he basically has no hip socket left on his right side, so it's permanently dislocated). I took him out and helped him walk when he needed to go, so I was able to experience what it felt like. It had to be worse for him. If he were a younger dog, he'd have surgery. But Jake is 12 and a little old for that. On the bright side, spring and summer ought to be much easier for him. We just have to endure the next few months, and in the meantime he's getting twice-a-week vet visits for treatments and taking pain meds. Getting old isn't much fun for anyone! I did read something amusing on line. About 5 days after the extreme cold, it was supposed to go all the way up to nearly 50 degrees (10 C), and then to plunge right back into extreme cold again. The funny thing: That's supposedly a "bi-polar vortex".