Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-24-2018, 05:57 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

Gadzooks! I had never looked at the all time record list, and yes, the all time 4x4 records for average score and average words look pretty filthy. You've got to almost admire the blatancy of the screen names - CheatsWithJavascript, LegitimateHuman, CHEATCHEATCHEAT, test123, and ObviouslyLegit. If there is any standout in the group, it would have to be unbeatable (original and unbeatable2), who thought it was interesting or fun to run their script on nearly 2000 boards.

For whatever it's worth, I did send the admins an e-mail about kgator, and I included a link to this thread in case they want to see the screenshot or read bwt's research on what humans are capable of in terms of typing wpm. If I receive any sort of reply, I'll let you all know.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:42 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAkaMrP View Post
If there is any standout in the group, it would have to be unbeatable (original and unbeatable2), who thought it was interesting or fun to run their script on nearly 2000 boards.
I always marvel that he did it for so long. I don't know what kept him motivated.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:43 PM

flops has received several accolades

I actually am a bit of a fan of admin..."they" certainly had a good crack at trying to stop the spam posters/bots/whateveries, and I think "they" have the games best interest at heart. Considering that until some of the people I made become a little more independent, I can't afford to pay for my sanity, which playing here quite often bolsters, I am a "freeloader". I am certainly not anywhere near being up there in the stats, nor do I particularly care, but the entertainment, company and sheer therapy of "here" is invaluable. I am pretty sure that admin, when they have time, cast an eye over the forums, and if they see this one, will probably sort it. fingers crossed (and we know the truth, so the cheaters don't count).
Old 05-25-2018, 08:14 AM

flops, I'm glad you've found an island of sanity here.
I did thank admin in the outage thread for keeping this website up and running. They provide a very entertaining game with a great variety of words and boards. They also have a lot of other game websites/forums to maintain besides WordTwist and they also seem to be expanding that selection. I don't know how many people are involved in admin. Maybe they are short-staffed for what they need to do.

Thinking as a person of melancholy temperament (the majority of people playing here are of the same bent), we like things to be in order, to work well and for them to fair. We reason that if they keep game statistics, they should be accurate, credit those who are at the top of their game and discredit cheaters. So, obviously we are idealists.

The administration of this website probably does not align with our values in those regards. It's probably a "business decision" to not add missing words to the dictionary that have been documented, to make statistics fair and correct etc. I accept the limitations that this website may have (even though they may not be remedied I still wish they were) and will just enjoy playing the game.

Enjoy the games everyone!

Last edited by lalatan : 05-25-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:48 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that this site is entertaining, and I do not fault any of the people running the site, those who wrote the game, those who maintain it, nor even those who are responsible for the hardware on which it runs. I simply note that kgator has expanded his high mark to 805 words in 3 minutes, with more than 5,500 points scored. I guess if you're determined to cheat, you may as well make it completely obvious.

I will thank lalatan for his well-considered comments, flops for providing us all the company of her play and her kind words, and will enjoy the game despite kgator and the thankfully few like him (or her). Besides lalatan and flops and Spike, there are at the least dozens of other players who have commented and furnished competition (or set standards) and in one way or another made this site a refuge and a pleasure. Thank you ALL.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:38 PM

Thanks for your kind words, bwt. The forum interactions here do indeed add significantly to the pleasantnesses of playing Boggle on this site.

Last edited by lalatan : 05-25-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM

I just checked zminor's stats and found out his best game is a paltry 3520 pts/528 words compared to kgator's best of 5552 pts/805 words. He only started playing April 11 and kgator joined May 3. It must be so demoralizing to spend all that time writing and debugging code to be a cheater and then have someone else blow you out of the water so soon like that.

The trophy for the best current cheater goes to kgator!!
(But cheaters never really win as we all know.)

Last edited by lalatan : 05-27-2018 at 08:13 AM.