Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Congrats to Spike for 2nd place in 5x5 last month! Seems like there was some competition for top 10. Could get interesting in the future (but we shall see.)

Krisanne: you likely won't read this (in your thread you said you paid no attention to other players) but congrats on your 1st place in 4x4. The avg hasn't been that high for months. Well done! If you continue developing at the same rate in 5x5, Spike and I may have to joust with you for trophies there.

Last edited by lalatan : 11-01-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:06 AM

Attention all long word hunters: Spike and I have jointly decided to not compete for the 5x5 avg pts/word trophies for this month and January. We have had 1st and 2nd place locked up for months so we feel it's time to give any up-and-comers a chance to score some digital hardware. (Warning: there is the possibility someone may play a "joke" on you and devalue your efforts on the last day of the month as occured last month. Play at your own risk.)

Last edited by lalatan : 12-06-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:41 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I've already thrown all my goals out the window this month, your announcement was too late for me Maybe in January!
Old 12-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Sorry about that kate! When the idea first popped into my head 3 days ago, I realized for some it may be too late for this month to switch gears.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:05 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like there's a new top gun around. Benko is averaging 547 points a game and averaging more than 11 points a word. That gives hope to all of us who don't type very fast, but I doubt I'll ever learn enough high-point words to seriously challenge those marks. Maybe one of you guys can do it.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:59 PM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykate View Post
I've already thrown all my goals out the window this month, your announcement was too late for me Maybe in January!
You could always set up another identity & go for it. (crazierkate?) I guess when I went from 005 to 006 & 007, it didn't occur to me that I was kind of being greedy as far as trophies go. (006 was never a contender. I was going for high average points/word with the others, but with different self-imposed rules. 005 was kind of all-out (lots of clicking to match best words), while 007 would take any new words worth over some set amount, but would go for existing words that would raise my average.) I've kind of abandoned 005 & 006, but my strategy for 007 seems to involve some score inflation.I've been doing more clicking lately. Anyway, I still like finding better words (like lalatan), even if they're not really high-scoring. Maybe I'll go for 20+ point words.

I just got back from Germany. I should go to bed, but it's already past (Germany time) when I usually wake up there.. Let's see if I manage.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt1213 View Post
Seems like there's a new top gun around. Benko is averaging 547 points a game and averaging more than 11 points a word. That gives hope to all of us who don't type very fast, but I doubt I'll ever learn enough high-point words to seriously challenge those marks. Maybe one of you guys can do it.
I had a look at his stats and they are remarkable... maybe too remarkable. He just signed up Nov 28 and already he scored a 926 pt game? 177 best/longest word records in 170 games played? I find all that to be quite fantastic and have never seen anything like that done before with such a high avg pts/word (especially by a newbie, excluding cheaters). He'd have to have an enormous skill set and vocabulary just coming into the game on this website to obtain those results. I'd have to see some videos of him playing to be a true believer.

Haha, you and Russ keep saying you're poor typists but you both regularly go over 100 words/game. Very impressive to me. I recall years ago I took a typing test where I thought I was typing like a maniac and all I got was 60 WPM with poor accuracy. That was just reading text and not finding words at the same time like you guys do. So I'll have to leave it to you speedsters to challenge him. I can't speak for Spike though; maybe he'll take him on.

Last edited by lalatan : 12-09-2018 at 07:44 AM.