Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 09-11-2018, 10:01 PM

Painter5295 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down cheating

how on earth do you cheat. not that i want to. that defeats the purpose of playing, but i don't see how you cheat:
Old 09-12-2018, 02:39 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

You can apparently write scripts to play for you, to check for words you have in a dictionary data base & enter them, etc. (I think others have said that the list of words on a board are actually available through some link from the page itself or something like that.) Like someone said, figuring out how to cheat is a challenge for some, but once that's done, it seems like the thrill would go away.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:26 AM

Painter5295 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

really. seems like a lot of effort and not as satisfying. i'm really no good but i like to play, so i don't think cheating would give me the same thrill of getting ir right.
thanks for the response
Old 09-15-2018, 12:21 AM

WorldWill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thoroughly agree - no satisfaction in cheating - but of course, some go through life thinking that cheating is fine.

I'm a fast typist but admire some of the much higher scores by WordTwist legends. However, I do see impossible scores and just think 'what are you proving'. I might never get the (legitimate) very high scores that Megaword or others get but I enjoy trying, bettering my best, and occasionally getting a 400+.