Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 08-15-2018, 07:17 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is something going on?

For the last five days or so, I seem completely unable to post a big score on anything. I seem to be about 100 points down from what I had been doing, and I noticed that other people seem to be suffering in their points-per-game scores, too. Are the boards more difficult, are we being given less time, are words being given fewer points, or is it just me? If you're seeing the same thing, I'd appreciate your ideas.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

As you probably know, I play for big words & not total points, but I had suspicions earlier in the month that they were recycling "long-word" boards earlier than usual. I ended up doing OK, so maybe it was paranoia & a string of bad luck finding those.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:27 AM

RussDNails is an unknown quantity at this point

My theory is that if you have a lot of players who carry high averages playing a lot of games the good boards get "timed out" after whatever arbitrary threshold is reached for a particular board. Some days it seems like every other board is one of those with higher words counts and scoring potential and other days I can barely find a board worth playing. That said, I'm having one of my better months average wise so it could just be bad timing on your part........

Best,

Russ
Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM

erakis17 is on the road to greatness

Yeah, my 'board weather' actually seems a little better than average. Certainly my average is oddly high this month—at the beginning of the month I seemed to get a lot of big boards. But I'm a pretty erratic player week-to-week, so who knows. And I haven't played a lot in the last week.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:27 PM

Estivate is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't noticed anything odd. My score could possibly be lower because I have 2 games with under 50 points which I let time run out while playing in between work
Old 08-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

I'm doing worse than before, but that may be because I've significantly reduced my time playing WordTwist in the last couple of months and I'm simply out of practice.