Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 08-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness
Default Monthly Goals

As with every month, I hope to play enough games at a high level that I will finish in the top three in scoring. Some months, I just can't play enough games to compete. For those months where I know I won't have the time to play the required 51 games, I like to make other goals for myself. This month, I would like to get my career average for 5x5 to be twice what my average is in 4x4. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

What Wordtwist goals, other than the normal monthly goals that we have, are other people going for in the month of August 2018?
Old 08-13-2018, 03:09 PM

erakis17 is on the road to greatness

Good question. I think I'm going to recalculate the list of common-ish 4-letter words I've never played, and try to play three of them by the end of the month. That was fun, the last time I did that.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:47 AM
Premium Member

I just did it. I needed to get to 815.86 and my last score got me to 815.87!
Old 08-25-2018, 08:43 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Congrats on reaching your goal!
I thought you posed a good question and was surprised you had only 1 response. I had no particularly new goals and also thought you wanted to hear from your speedster peers.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
Congrats on reaching your goal!
I thought you posed a good question and was surprised you had only 1 response. I had no particularly new goals and also thought you wanted to hear from your speedster peers.
I wanted to hear from anyone here that plays WordTwist. Thanks for the congrats and your response!
Old 08-26-2018, 01:06 AM

dannyb is on the road to greatness

Nice. Over 800 is amazing! I've only done it a couple of times. My listed high score of 964 is not legit. The timer was running slow for some reason. I probably should of had about 150 points less. I was flying on that game. Great combos, no typos, a z and an x that both had lots of plays. Figured that time was about up, looked up and still had 20 seconds left.

What makes me crazy is when you get a board that you like and you're flying and you think that you are racking up a great score, then you look up, as time is running out, and you are 70 or so points below your average.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
Nice. Over 800 is amazing! I've only done it a couple of times. My listed high score of 964 is not legit. The timer was running slow for some reason. I probably should of had about 150 points less. I was flying on that game. Great combos, no typos, a z and an x that both had lots of plays. Figured that time was about up, looked up and still had 20 seconds left.

What makes me crazy is when you get a board that you like and you're flying and you think that you are racking up a great score, then you look up, as time is running out, and you are 70 or so points below your average.
That's not my single game high score. It's my career average on 5x5. My high score is over 1000.

Being 70 or more points below your average score on a game is the worst...and it seems to happen to me more often than not.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:42 PM

dannyb is on the road to greatness

I know! That is the amazing part! I may get it once or twice a year you have to get it a minimum of 51 times per month!

Being a two finger typist the thought of scoring 1,000 points can only occur in a dream.

Brisul, just wondering, how many boards do you attempt on an average day, and how many do you complete?

Last edited by dannyb : 08-27-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:57 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Being a two finger typist the thought of scoring 1,000 points can only occur in a dream.
Since you scored over 800 twice you should be crowned the king of 2 finger typists! (IMO)

Last edited by lalatan : 08-27-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
I know! That is the amazing part! I may get it once or twice a year you have to get it a minimum of 51 times per month!

Brisul, just wondering, how many boards do you attempt on an average day, and how many do you complete?
I'm lucky if I submit two out of 50+