Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 06-20-2018, 10:29 PM

Hamlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amazed

I have been playing this off and on for a few years now, and I have to say I'm still amazed at the average scores and highest totals that I see posted on every puzzle. Even after all this time, I can't seem to get my fingers to move that fast. Sometimes, I"ll see a simple three-letter word that should be easy to type, and my fingers won't cooperate, and I need several attempts before I get it.
Only about one time in twenty do I manage to achieve the average score for a puzzle, so it seems my job here is to bring the average scores down a little. I like it when I'm the first person to do a particular one because seeing "new record" on every line makes me feel better lol.
Sometimes the longest word amazes me. It's hard to see how anyone could have spotted it in just two minutes. I surprised myself last month by finding "Indiscretely" which I find truly amazing because isn't the word spelled "Indiscreetly?"
Old 06-21-2018, 02:15 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
Sometimes the longest word amazes me. It's hard to see how anyone could have spotted it in just two minutes. I surprised myself last month by finding "Indiscretely" which I find truly amazing because isn't the word spelled "Indiscreetly?"
Since DISCRETE and DISCREET are different words with different meanings, I guess it makes sense that both could work. Like you though, I would have been surprised to see the -ETE- form work there.

By the way, I applaud your "goal" of bringing down averages. I play for long words, and there, I'm decent. I also consider myself a fairly good Boggle player though, but the few times I've tried playing that way here, I've done miserably.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 06-21-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:16 AM

John13verse34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
I surprised myself last month by finding "Indiscretely" which I find truly amazing because isn't the word spelled "Indiscreetly?"
both work, and they actually mean different things. "indiscrete" means not divided into distinct parts, and "indiscreet" means a readiness to reveal things that should be kept private :-)