View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:02 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

I've decided to take the what I'm calling the "DonGuy47 Challenge" for September and play every board the game gives me... even if I see if the top score is 275 by one of our top five players (the guys/gals who routinely set the record for boards in the range of of 675-775). I will freely admit that I'm a 'board skipper'. There could be an element of me wanting to raise my per game average, but I'd say it's predominately because I enjoy myself and the time more if I'm trying to squeeze 400 to 450 to 500 points from a 'good' board in two minutes.

Anyway, my per game average is certain to go down this month, perhaps by a crazy number. However, if I play a lot of boards where I can only get 200, 225, 250, and if I study what was available afterwards, I think that that approach could help me even on the better boards where the key limitation is time, especially if I learn to spot/use some high point words that aren't a current part of my repertoire.

One other thought as I was thinking about goals after seeing your responses - I realized that I do have another longstanding goal. Namely, I'd like to have the record for a board that has been played 50+ other times. I think I may have accomplished that once last spring, but I didn't take a screen cap to verify that later.

Edit - speak of the devil! Second game of my September DonGuy 47 Challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speaking of DonGuy47.JPG (54.6 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by JohnAkaMrP : 09-01-2017 at 04:08 AM.