Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 05-01-2018, 06:50 PM

DrPlacebo is on the road to greatness

TOMATOGRAPHIES: salad scans?
Old 05-04-2018, 07:35 AM

ANTICURD.

I play an online game called Kingdom of Loathing, in which there is an item called [URL="http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Anticheese"]anticheese[/URL]. I imagine anticurd is part of the anticheese-making process.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:49 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

I tried QUISLINGNESS but it was a no-go. I thought, "I guess there are some limits to what you can tack -ness onto." (I know quisling is a noun but, hey, this is WordTwist Boggle.)
Then I ventured SURPRISINGNESS for 26 pts and 2 records (and was mildly surprised). I changed to "I guess there are relatively few limits."

Update: I just played my first word beginning with x in 54k+ games played! XENOPHOBES for 13 pts. Unfortunately, XENOPHOBELESS was invalid. Not much surprisingness on that one. There probably are no societies or nations devoid of xenophobia.

Last edited by lalatan : 05-18-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:37 PM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

It must be go to med school day (I didn't) on WordTwist. I tried a board that had been played numerous times but the longest word was 7 letters. I thought the 9+ words were probably medical or scientific. I gave it a shot. I saw scope but couldn't find anything to join with it. I saw ortho- in the right corner and noticed centric in the midst of them. I was filled with expectation of finding a new medical device: ORTHOCENTRISCOPE. But when I hit enter, it said invalid. But I did manage to find ANTHROPOCENTRIC for 18 pts/2 records on that board.
In a subsequent game it was a similar situation. I noticed -dectomies and thought there must be something to go with that. After quite a while searching I saw mastoid and knew it has something to do jaws or something like that. So I tried MASTOIDECTOMIES. Presto! 28 pts/2records.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:35 AM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point

This must be a gallant effort of some sort. But this is the kind of variability I often see in my games. Is everyone else in the same boat, or is it just me? And no, I don't remember playing the game before -- but I clearly did, and not that long ago.

YOUR STATS:
Total points: 616 New record!New record!
Total words: 109 (51 common,19 wide,4 rare,35 ultra rare) New record!New record!
Best word: STONERS (12 pts.)
Longest word: MONSTERS (8 letters)
PUZZLE STATS:

Played: 7 times
Average Score: 342.9 points
Average Words: 65.7 words
High Score: 512 points by bwt1213
Most Words: 95 words by bwt1213
Best Word: GRASSER (12 pts) by geekwes
Longest Word: GRANTERS (8 letters) by geekwes
Old 06-13-2018, 06:21 PM

As famous as the story of FAUST is, it's evidently not a word.