Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > The Boo Yeah Corner

Old 04-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatan View Post
I got both records on a board played 50 times in 2 weeks or so. Somebody missed a prefix or suffix of their previous best word. I searched for the post where I wrote about it but couldn't find it. I haven't attempted it since.
OK, I'm sure I saw your post & somehow forgot. I still pay attention to whenever I get a board that's been played 50+ times & whether I can improve things.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:37 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
JohnAkaMrP, back in December, you were looking at future goals of 600+ points/game and/or 125 words/game. Your new records beat that, but, from what you said, so did your old ones. How long did it really take to get there? (Go, caffeine, and congrats!)

By the way, lalatan, I think you also had goals about bettering best word length & points/word for games that had been played 50+ times. How did that go? (I've managed that in the past on 5x5, but only once or twice that I can think of. Generally, by then, someone else good had gotten to the board.)
I compulsively screencap milestones, so I can actually answer your question. On the words total, I managed exactly 125 words in mid January, so that one took a month. I then somehow blew well past that with a 138 word effort just four days later (to say that I surprised myself would be an understatement). I topped 600 for the first time early this month, so that goal took four months.

By the way, here is the board that I set my current records on. It's the sort of board we all hope to see, with more good words than you can shake a metaphorical stick at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What a board.JPG (22.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-23-2018, 06:33 AM

Thanks! Congrats, that's great! Any new goals in mind?

Last edited by Spike1007 : 04-23-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:52 AM

JohnAkaMrP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
Thanks! Congrats, that's great! Any new goals in mind?
It seems farcical to even contemplate these marks, but 700 points and 150 words are both nice, round numbers. I don't see either happening during 2018, but who knows, eh?
Old 04-23-2018, 12:13 PM

Like you said, who knows? As quickly as you got to 125 & then 138 words, I don't see 150 as an unreasonable goal (and doable before the end of the year, or it could happen tomorrow). Points seem a little harder, but I wish you the best of luck on both! Let us know when you get there.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 04-23-2018 at 12:23 PM.