Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 01-15-2018, 01:15 PM

bwt1213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Record Suggestion

I would like to see the record for the most points on a board for a month, as well as the records for highest total score for the month, the highest point word found, etc. I can already see that for my personal score, but I'd like to know just how good the best has been so far. In the same vein, I'd like to see the record for the most words found on a single board this month. Again, we already have the record for the highest point single word, so this is just an addition. This would give some of our better players something else to play for. And no, I don't expect to contend any time in the near future. I expect that the highest score on a single board for 5x5 would be something like 1500, and the highest number of words would be close to 300, but it would interesting to see.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:46 PM

flops has received several accolades

I suggest vodka, you can see most things (including things that aren't there), and they become much more interesting with vodka. Zolorbowl might have an entertaining way of achieving that too. (I had to read that three times to work out what you were aiming for, and all I can hope is that I get marks for showing my "working out").
Old 01-16-2018, 04:33 AM
Premium Member

fasteddieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if it would be feasible, but it would be interesting to have a record of points per game x percentage played and words per game x percentage played. That would get me to compete to see if I could play more games.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:44 AM

FireflySeason15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see the percentage of words found for a single board be a record. That would entice me to play some of the smaller ones instead of finding myself drifting toward the low hanging fruit.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM

juniness is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the most satisfaction with this game by setting a new record for best or longest word on a board that has already been played by a lot of other people. Back before they automated the creation of new boards, we had old games with hundreds of plays and it was supremely rewarding to upset a record on those panels. But even today it's great to achieve that. I would love to see a new monthly contest score that factored in number of plays.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Spike1007 has received several accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniness View Post
I get the most satisfaction with this game by setting a new record for best or longest word on a board that has already been played by a lot of other people. Back before they automated the creation of new boards, we had old games with hundreds of plays and it was supremely rewarding to upset a record on those panels. But even today it's great to achieve that. I would love to see a new monthly contest score that factored in number of plays.
I'm with you there. I like finding new best-scoring/longest words that haven't been found before, especially on boards that have been played a lot. It's getting harder, I think, since there are more people going for long/good words (at least judging by the history of average points per word). I only accept new best words though, so I also like boards (although not quite as much) that have only been played a few times in the hope that I'll find a great one in a new or recycled board before the others get to it. (My best today was a 38 point word on a board that had been played 5 times, but I did manage a 34 point word on a board that had been played 41 times,)