Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > General Chit Chat

Old 10-08-2017, 10:20 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

flops, OK, that explains the "hiding a horse" thing. I didn't really think that you could fit him into your bedroom closet.

My main experiences with horses have been with my ex-wife. While I was with her, she boarded her horse at a place that had another, somewhat fat horse that I was permitted to ride. Basically, he had a round body. Bareback, it was easy to just kind of slide one way or the other. That's how I ended up on the ground & having my foot stomped. Aside from that, it was fun

Last edited by Spike1007 : 10-08-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:25 AM

lalatan is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike1007 View Post
The only warning I remember getting was when my grandfather told us not to get in the pen with the pigs, because they WOULD kill us.
I just recalled that when I went to grandma's farm as a young child, I was always warned, "Don't go into the muskeg." It was never fully explained to me what that actually was until my mom took me picking wild raspberries months afterward. Its reputation is probably well deserved as related to me by a guy at work who broke through the vegetative layer and was fully submerged well over his head. Really tough to find your way back out of it, if you just broke open a small hole when you fell through.
I saw Bear Grylls demonstrate what to do when that happens in the bogs of Scotland. It was hilarious because of what he said just before he entered in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10nUzWJUhI Lol after I watched it again.

Last edited by lalatan : 10-08-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:49 AM

Spike1007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily, there weren't any of those where I visited, or maybe I would be dead. I think I read something long ago, I think in Readers' Digest of all places, written by a guy who was (either encouraged or egged on) by a neighbor of a rural relative, along with his boyhood friend, to throw themselves into a mudpit & work themselves out, and to go out into sub-zero weather in their underwear. He looked at this as a good thing in terms of survival. These days, somebody would be in jail.

Last edited by Spike1007 : 10-08-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:24 PM

flops is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, to Spike commending the luck of not having any muskeg where he visited, I wonder if he was the kid who got his tongue stuck to the icy flagpole?

My only experience with pigs was at a dress up party, in an area of Victoria well known for being a safe haven for flower children, and people interested in persuing very herbal, but not very legal, medicine, which is generally smoked. As the night wore on someone liberated the pig and piglets. It is hard to unsee a 6 foot tall penis and his partner, a 5 foot 3 potato, and a man dressed in overalls and a trowel, and his partner dressed as a brick, chasing the lil piggies around the yard.

We went as the Flintstones, and one Rubble, because I had only two children at the time. (I still don't believe that Pebbles would have married Bamm-Bamm).

Bear Grylls is sometimes only as smart as the average bear, as proven in the link. Anecdotal evidence is, so very often for me, good enough as scientifc proof.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisul View Post
Just an idea. Feel free to write about whatever you'd like

Heyyyy....Brisul, how did we do? xxflops
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Premium Member

crazykate is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flops View Post
Not good enough... The bots are at it again
Got any more interesting stories involving teenagers or miscellaneous wildlife?
Old 10-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Premium Member

The most interesting thing about these spambots is that they advertise some sort of writing agency that claims to help people write papers and things like that, yet their posts are written in gibberish that barely qualifies as English.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

I wonder if they are the same people who write the fortune cookie fortunes?
At any rate, it's a bit ironic that they offer their questionable services in the forums of a word game where most players have a pretty good vocabulary and share a certain measure of love for the English language, which the bots manage to butcher completely.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:11 AM

I struggled to work out what they were advertising, and what you would do with whatever it is. Part of it refers to practicing for American citizenship tests...which they wouldn't be able to pass with the quality of writing they/it provides. Can we assume that the advertising is written by the product they are trying to sell?
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flops View Post

I can't believe you got seventeen pages of conversation! Incredible! I tip my hat to all of you wordsmiths that were able to continue a running dialogue for as long as you did.

Thanks!