Go Back   Wordtwist Forums > Wordtwist.org Discussion > FAQs and Help Area

Old 05-14-2017, 07:28 AM

Estivate is an unknown quantity at this point

No real reason to clear the records. Some are obvious, while others not. Be too hard and complicated to go through everyone for a majorly free game. My scores are skewed since I play at work and I often stop after playing for a minute on the board because I have to alt-tab out haha. The records don't matter so much for me on this platform, as long as I have fun.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Premium Member

Brisul is on the road to greatness

The real question is; why would anyone want to cheat at this game? This is such a soloist's game where we are forced to make ourselves better all the time. It doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:58 PM

Estivate is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience, it is just to create drama among people. It is their idea of fun.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

How is it that someone can have a 999.99 score in the 5X5 boards? There is a leader there who's been on these boards for the better part of the past ten years, which makes me think this person isn't cheating. However, 999.99? Really?
Old 08-11-2017, 07:45 AM

thinkbig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisul View Post
How is it that someone can have a 999.99 score in the 5X5 boards? There is a leader there who's been on these boards for the better part of the past ten years, which makes me think this person isn't cheating. However, 999.99? Really?
I noticed that too. I think the average pts/game stats max out just below 1,000. They probably never thought anyone would get to that level. JMHO fasteddieb seems legit to me but his numbers and records are mind blowing. I've never seen such a cluttered trophy rooom as his!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

fasteddieb is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to 5x5 Brisul! I've seen you in the top scores in 4x4. I'm impressed. I can't play 4x4. It's too small and too short of boards. I'm no good at it. Plus I don't know the 3 letter words like I do the 4 letter words.
Here's a video on my brother's computer before they updated the algorithm that shows my fingers as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TyDS7Qk1Q
I've improved my vocab and pattern recognition since then plus with the new algorithm there's bigger boards.
My latest videos don't show my fingers because I haven't been back to my brother's place but they're on my same channel (videos without showing my fingers).
Old 08-11-2017, 02:05 PM

zolorbowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Work, fasteddieb!
Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddieb View Post
Welcome to 5x5 Brisul! I've seen you in the top scores in 4x4. I'm impressed. I can't play 4x4. It's too small and too short of boards. I'm no good at it. Plus I don't know the 3 letter words like I do the 4 letter words.
Here's a video on my brother's computer before they updated the algorithm that shows my fingers as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TyDS7Qk1Q
I've improved my vocab and pattern recognition since then plus with the new algorithm there's bigger boards.
My latest videos don't show my fingers because I haven't been back to my brother's place but they're on my same channel (videos without showing my fingers).
That's incredible! Nice work!
Old 08-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

Just scored 820...a high for me on 5X5. It's pretty fun over here if you can get on a roll. There's always more time than I think there's going to be!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:42 AM
Premium Member

I'm realizing now that an average in the 600's on the 5x5 grids is the equivalent of an average in the 300's on the 4x4 grids. I don't really have time to practice to make the top three in average scores, so I think I may have to walk off into the sunset here on wordtwist for a while if not longer.